Wednesday, July 2, 2014

♥ REVIEW: ELF Eyebrow Treat and Tame

Hello there!

When I was just starting to practice putting makeup on myself, I really don't know how to do my eyebrows. I have thick eyebrows and I find it hard to shape and fill them in. So, I kept on practicing then until now and I can say that I have improved with the help of good eyebrow products. And because I have thick eyebrows, I need a brow mascara to set them in place. I am currently using ELF Eyebrow Treat and Tame and this is the only brow mascara that I have tried and used. So, I'm going to share my thoughts and opinions about this product after the jump. :)


Price: P249.75
Availability: Any ELF outlets

Description: Create manicured and styled brows that are beautiful and defined. Treat your eyebrows with a re-growth vitamin infused gel formula. Tame eyebrows with a fiber enhanced mascara formula for fuller and more natural looking brows.


So, it is a dual-ended product. One side is the tame and the other side is the treat.



I haven't really used the treat side so I am going to review the tame side only.

There are 5 shades available in the market and I am in the shade Medium. I, actually, planned to buy the darkest shade because my hair color is dark brown but the darkest shade available is Medium. So, I settled for it.

Packaging:
The product is contained in a dual-ended tube. The brush of the tame side is smaller than the brush of an eyelash mascara which makes it convenient and easy to apply. Perfect for people who are always on the go. It also dries pretty quickly so you don't need to worry about smudging.

Smell:
It smells like a typical mascara. There is no unpleasant smell that might cause allergic reaction to your nose.

Swatch:


This is my left eyebrow and I applied the brow mascara only. As you can see, it really tamed unruly hairs that are sticking out of my brows and put them in place. It also gave me a hint of color brown which is somewhat similar to my hair color.


On my right eyebrow, I filled in my brows first using an eyebrow pencil and set them using the brow mascara. And same as my left eyebrow, it did set my hairs in place. Now, the color of my hair and brows are already matched with the help of the brow pencil.

Pros:
  • Affordable.
  • Easily available.
  • Easy and convenient to use.
  • Color pay-off is good.
  • Long lasting.
  • Dries quickly.
  • Keeps my eyebrow hairs in place.
  • No irritations or allergic reactions.
  • Smudge-proof.
  • Paraben free.
  • Lightweight.
  • Travel-friendly.
Cons:
  • It's not waterproof.
Overall:
ELF is one of my favorite brands because it is locally available and their products are very affordable. When I knew that ELF has a brow mascara, I did not hesitate to go buy one for myself and I am so happy that I did. I love this product simply because it did a very good job on taming my eyebrows. I use this to set the brow powder and my eyebrow hairs as well but if I want a more natural looking brows, I use this alone just to keep my eyebrow hairs in place. It is easy to apply and reapplying is such a breeze especially when I am always on-the-go. Two thumbs up for this product so I will definitely repurchase. I recommend this product to anyone especially for those who are always on-the-go. :)

Thank you so much for viewing and I hope this review was helpful. Stay tuned for more reviews and follow me on Instagram (@judychiot) for more updates. God bless. :)



What is your favorite eyebrow mascara? :)





Lots of ♥, Judy

3 comments:

  1. buti ka pa you have thick brows. at least you have to tame something rather than barely there brows lol ☆


    http://makeupinmanila2014.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oo nga, i'm still thankful na tumutubo pa rin ung brows ko kahit ilang beses na ako nagpapa thread para ma shape. xD

      Delete
  2. thanks for this review :)
    i'll buy this one soon.
    btw, i followed you on google friend connect. hope you follow me to para we can interact.
    i'm a newbie blogger and i feel a bit lonely hehe

    thanks,
    http://www.missposion.com

    ReplyDelete