Thursday, July 10, 2014

♥ REVIEW: Fashion 21 Red Romance Lipstick

Hello there!

If you know me very well, my favorite color is pink. But when it comes to lipsticks, I want it to be really really dark red. Maybe because I want to look maldita. Hahaha! I have been searching for the perfect red lipstick that suits me and my personality and I did find one but unfortunately it is from Mac Cosmetics and we all know that Mac is a really expensive brand. I can't afford it so I tried lipsticks that can be found locally and sad to say they are not as red as I want them to be. All the red lipsticks that I have tried are bright which I don't like. Then, I came across the Red Romance line which is from Fashion 21 and the darkest red that I have found in that line is the shade Heartthrob. So, I am going to share with you my experience on using this product. :)


Price: P175
Availability: Fashion 21/FS Cosmetics kiosks

Description: Red just got more intense! Red Romance ultra-rich, long-lasting lipcolor comes in defining, bold, and romantic red tones giving every smile and kiss a lasting impression! Be confident, sexy, energetic, proactive, creative, passionate, independent and bring out the color red in you.


Packaging:
Nothing fancy on the packaging, just a typical lipstick packaging. There is an imprinted "f21" word on top of the cap of the tube which I kinda don't like. I prefer just plain red for simplicity. It is also convenient to use and easy to apply. The tube is very sturdy because I accidentally fell it once and the bullet and the red coating did not break. Yey! 
I have used this several times already but I still have a lot of the product. It has a creamy consistency which makes it so smooth when applied and doesn't dry my lips. But it does transfer on anything that sticks on your lips because it's creamy.

Smell:
In terms of smell, again, smells just like a typical lipstick which I don't like but I cannot do anything about it because that's what lipsticks smell like. :( But it is not that strong so I can live with that.

Swatch:


This is what the product looks like on my lips. As you can see, it is not a very dark red. It's not also bright, it's just so-so. Sometimes I see it dark, sometimes bright. Maybe because of the lighting. Lol!

Pros:
  • Affordable.
  • Locally available.
  • Pigmented. Color pay-off is good.
  • Moisturizing. Doesn't dry out my lips.
  • Paraben free.
Cons:
  • Can't think of any.
Overall:
I actually prefer matte finish when it comes to red lipstick but this one is pretty good. I used this before on my OJT and my classmates said that it looks good on me. Sometimes, I use this for my go-to makeup look but I do not swipe it all over my lips. What I do is that I just dab small amount of lipstick and because it is very pigmented, it already gives a subtle red color. I cannot say that it is long-lasting because I always eat and drink and the lipstick transfers and does not lasts long. It's not surprising though because it has a creamy consistency. But it leaves a stain on my lips which is good because I have pale lips. I like this lipstick and I hope Fashion 21/FS Cosmetics will make a darker shade in the line. I will not repurchase because I might be searching again for the perfect red that I want that is available locally. But I do recommend this product to the girls who have dry lips because this is so moisturizing. :)

Thank you so much for viewing and I hope this review helped. Stay tuned for more reviews and follow me on Instagram (@judychiot) for more updates. God bless. :)



What is your favorite red lipstick? :)






Lots of ♥, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment