Thursday, July 17, 2014

♥ REVIEW: Shawill Hide The Blemish Concealer

Hello there!

When I do my full makeup for an occasion or whatnot, I really have to apply a concealer for my blemishes and especially for my dark under eye circles. What I am looking for in a concealer is that it should not settle on my fine lines and gives me a more flawless look. So I did a research for reviews on the many different concealers available in the market. I have tried a few and still haven't found the perfect concealer for me. But for the mean time, the concealer that I have been using is this Shawill Hide The Blemish Concealer. I discovered this product from Miss Say's Youtube channel and she said that it does a pretty good job so I decided to try it and hence this review. :)


Price: P125
Availability: Watsons

Description: Concealer diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It's light-diffusing pigments softens the appearance of under eye circles and wrinkles. The hydrating complex, containing Vitamins A,C, E and beta carotene, soothes the under eye area while conditioning and moisturizing the skin. The smooth and bendable formula is long-lasting.


Packaging:


This is what the packaging looks like. It is a concealer stick in a black tube with imprinted words at the base of the packaging. The packaging kinda resembles the packaging of a lipstick but it is just a bit bigger. It comes in a black box and all the information written on the box are also written on the packaging itself. 

Smell:
It smells like a typical cosmetic scent. It is pleasant and is not bothering at all.

Longevity:
For very oily skin, this product can last up to 3 hours before my T-zone area gets oily.

Consistency:


I believe this product has 4 shades and I got the shade in No. 01. It has a thick creamy consistency which makes it difficult for me to blend the product since it dries quickly. This product gives a medium to full coverage.

Swatch:


This shade has a bit of pinkish undertone which is not visible in the photo. -__- It is a bit lighter than my skin tone because I have a yellow undertone. Now, onto the before and after photos.





As you can see, it covered almost all of my skin problems which is a good thing. Two thumbs up for that.

Pros:
  • Affordable.
  • Locally available.
  • Brightens my face.
  • Evens out my skin tone.
  • Covered almost all my skin problems.
  • Semi-matte finish.

Cons:
  • Has a pink undertone.
  • Doesn't cover pimple bumps.
  • Difficult to blend.
  • Can be cakey.
  • Settles on fine lines and emphasizes the pores.

Overall:
Since it has a thick creamy consistency, I really find it difficult to blend the product because it dries quickly and if it is not blended properly, it can settle on fine lines and emphasizes the appearance of pores. I have experienced this a lot so I need more practice to blend blend blend. But I like that it brightens my under eye and covers redness and dark spots. Because it has a pink undertone, I apply a foundation that has a yellow undertone to match my skin tone. For me, this product is so-so. I like it but I do not love it. I will not repurchase because I still have a lot and I will try another product. But I do recommend this to anyone and try for yourself because we do not have the same preferences.

Thank you so much for viewing and I hope this review helped. Stay tuned for more reviews and follow me on Instagram (@judychiot) for more updates. God bless. :)



What can you say about this product? :)





Lots of ♥, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment