Wednesday, April 23, 2014

♥ REVIEW: Makeup Academy Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer

Hello there! Well, this is my very first blog post this year because I was in hiatus due to important stuffs. But I am back and hopefully I will not be MIA again. So today, I am going to review the well known lip product from the brand MUA, the Makeup Academy Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer. I assume you already heard a lot of raves about this product that is why I really want to get a hold of the product and try it myself. But if you are not familiar with the product, it has been said that it is the perfect dupe for the very famous Limecrime Velvetines which is expensive by the way. Now, onto the review. :)


Price: P380/each
Bought at: Chic Cosmetics

Description: Get the ultimate velvet-matte pout with this richly pigmented, silky smooth lip lacquer. The quick-dry formula glides on effortlessly to leave a gorgeous matte finish, that is smudge-proof and long-lasting.


The MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer comes in 5 shades namely: Reckless, Funk, Criminal, Atomic, and Kooky. But I only got 3 shades (Reckless, Funk, and Atomic).

The product comes in a matte black packaging which I think looks very classy and the container is also matte. It has a wand applicator for a precise application. It is liquid when you apply but it dries into a matte finish.


Hmm... What color will I put on my pale lips?


Here are the swatches. :)


Reckless is a deep red shade perfect for parties. It is my favorite because I love red lipsticks. :D It is also build-able, you can put another layer to achieve that very red lips.


Atomic is a coral-y shade which is perfect for summer because it is so bright. 


Funk is a hot pink shade which is also perfect for everyday use if you can rock it. ;)

Pros:
  • It is cheaper than Limecrime.
  • It dries into a matte-finish.
  • It is smudge proof and kiss proof.
  • It is fast drying.
  • It doesn't dry my lips.
  • It glides on smoothly on my lips.
  • It is very pigmented.
  • It is long lasting.
  • It contains no parabens!
Cons:
  • I can't think of any. :)
I really love this product. I am very happy that MUA launched Luxe Velvet because now I don't have to buy the very expensive Limecrime to have the shade of red that I want. MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer is cheaper and it gives good quality. I did not regret buying this product. I would definitely recommend this to those who are searching for Limecrime dupes.

Thank you very much for viewing and I hope this review helped. God bless. :)

What can you say about this product? :)




 Lots of ♥, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment