Tuesday, February 21, 2017

♥ REVIEW: Skin Genie Lip and Cheek Stain Alive!

Hello everyone!

I guess I have tried and reviewed on my blog every type and every kind of lip products available in the market. But then I noticed that there is this very common lip product nowadays that I haven't reviewed yet. Well I've tried it way way way back when I was in high school. I am talking about lip tints. Lip tints have been very common lately, am I right? I have seen a lot of different brands making their own lip tint line. For today, I am going to review a lip tint from the brand Skin Genie. It is called the Lip and Cheek Stain Alive! by Skin Genie.


Price: P80
Bought at: BeautyMNL

DescriptionAn all-natural makeup gel that delivers gorgeous color on lips and cheeks. Lip and Cheek Stain Alive makes your lip and cheeks come alive. It is packed with moisturizing ingredients that nourish, soothe, and protect your lip and cheek with gorgeous colors. Sweetly scented and easy to apply. Perfect for a sweet flush of color.

As I have said, I have tried lip tints way way way back when I was in high school. As far as I've remembered, there were only three colors of lip tints namely: red, pink, and orange. Today, there are already a lot of colors of lip tints. It's good that independent brands are innovating lip tints these days. Because I have been very curious of lip tints with unusual color, I got a lip tint in the color Tan Brown

Honestly, I had a not so good experience with lip tints before. I have very dry lips and the lip tint emphasized it, as in super and it even made my lips look drier that is why I stopped using it and opted to use creamy lipsticks. But when lip tints have been going viral lately and beauty enthusiasts are raving them, I encouraged myself to try it once again. I thought maybe they changed the formulation of lip tints and so I decided to get one. 

Packaging:


The product contains in a roll-on bottle with a transparent body so you can clearly see the shade of the lip tint. I don't think it's leak-proof though so I store it vertically to avoid spilling inside my makeup bag.


Expiry date is provided. Two thumbs up for that. 

Scent:

The scent and taste of the product is familiar but I can't tell what it is. All I can say is it smells sweet and tastes bitter at first but will immediately fade and is not bothering.

Consistency:

As usual, it has a liquid consistency just like other lip tints. :)

Swatch:



I am into browns. I like shades with brown undertone because I like to have that very dark lips that makes me look intimidating. Lol! Now, it's easy for me to have that because I have this brown lip tint that can be worn under lipstick. Any shade that I wear over this lip tint makes it look darker than its original shade. I love it! :)

Another reason why I chose this shade is because, according to BeautyMNL's magazine called Bloom, this shade can be used as a contour.


I already applied too much product but when I blended it, it will just give you a subtle contour which is a good thing because even though you accidentally put too much, it can be easily blended.


This is what it looks like on the lips. I didn't wear it on the cheeks here though. Please see photo below. :)


In this photo, I only applied the product on the side where the pointing finger is. It's super subtle that you can almost don't notice it on the photo but you can really see the difference in person. :D

Overall:
It's a very good product for a very affordable price. When used on the lips, it's not drying at all even after long hours of wearing. Take it from me, a person who has very dry lips. Longevity wise, it can last all day with just drinking but will eventually fade after eating too much. If you properly hydrate your lips, it will not settle on the lines and dry parts of the lips. When used on the cheeks, it's superb! I love how it gives you subtle contour for everyday use. All in all, I love this product. I'm happy that I got it. It changed the way I think about lip tints. I will definitely repurchase with a different color. I am definitely recommending this to anyone who loves to look natural using an all natural product. :)

That's it for this review. I hope you learned something. Thank you so much for viewing and stay tuned for more reviews. Follow me on Instagram (@judychiot) for more updates and short reviews. God bless. :)




What is your fave lip tint product? Share you experiences on the comment section below. :)







Lots of ♥,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment