Wednesday, January 18, 2017

♥ REVIEW: Paddle/Oval Brushes

Hello everyone!

Back when I was just learning to do makeup, I bought all kinds of brushes. I bought brush sets and individual brushes that are not in sets. Every time there is a new type of brush released in the market, I always buy one for myself to try. But that was before, I am a changed woman now. Hahaha! I mean, I realized that I already have a lot of brushes and that I need to start saving my money. Besides, I don't wear foundation on a daily basis so I don't use my brushes that often unlike before when I was just practicing doing makeup.

Last year, there was this new brush that was trending on the internet and that some beauty gurus/enthusiasts rave about. It is called the Paddle Brush or Oval Brush because it is shaped in oval. It doesn't look like the usual brush but it looks like a toothbrush. It's been trending since last year so I know you know what I'm talking about. Hahaha! As usual, I got curious and got tempted to buy but I really controlled myself and, I tell you, it was difficult. :( 


One day, I joined a giveaway with the said brush as the prize because I am fond of joining giveaways and luckily I won! It was the perfect timing because it was my birthday when I won it. So, I have already experienced how the brushes perform and so here is my review. :)

Finally, I now hold in my hands the famous oval brushes. Honestly, when I first held it, I thought "Is it safe? I mean, will it not break when I use it?" HAHAHA! Well, as you can see its neck is very thin and is bendable. I don't know if it's just this one or all oval brushes are like that. So, I was quite hesitant and nervous to use it. 

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo with its packaging. But, for your knowledge, the brushes are placed on a cheap white plastic. I say it's cheap because it is very thin and can easily be torn. Then they are contained in a black box with a transparent plastic so you can see the brushes inside.

Now, let's talk about each of the brushes. Just a disclaimer though, I'm not 100% sure if I was right on using the brushes. So, don't judge. Hehehe!


These two are the biggest among the brushes so I used them on my whole face when applying foundation. 


This is the smallest oval so I used it on applying my concealer under my eyes and for the highlighting areas also.


This one, I think, is for contouring on the cheeks for more precise contour.


This one is smaller than the previous photo and I don't really know where to use this but I used it to contour my nose. This is the only brush that is not dense due to its thinness. 


This is the only brush that I did not use because I'm not sure where to use it. I saw some beauty gurus use this on their lips and some use it on applying eye shadow. I am not comfortable on using it to those areas so I chose not to use it.

As what I have said, these brushes are dense, except for one, so it is best to use on liquid or cream foundation. It performs just as well as the usual brushes. My only concern is the handle. Since it has a very thin neck, I had a hard time holding it properly for the fear of breaking it and just as I thought, when I used the bigger oval brush, I heard a cracking sound coming from the handle. Maybe because I was holding it very hard so I loosen it up a little bit and I felt uncomfortable. 

Is it worth your money? Well, honestly, I rather buy the standard makeup brushes than these oval brushes. Don't get me wrong. I like these when used on powdered makeup since you don't need a heavy hand but for applying foundation I prefer the standard one since it is more convenient and you need to have a perfect base so it should be applied properly. 


That's it for this review. I hope this review helped. Thank you so much for viewing and stay tuned for more blog posts. Follow me on Instagram (@judychiot) for more updates and short reviews. God bless. :)




What do you think about these oval brushes? Share it in the comments section below. :)







Lot's of ♥,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment