Sunday, October 16, 2016

♥ REVIEW: LA Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss

Hello everyone!

Being a lipstick junkie, I have tried every kind and every type of lipstick there is in the market. Because of that, I discovered the type of lipstick that I love and that is a creamy matte lipstick. And my most hated type of lipstick is the liquid lipstick. I mean, not that I really really hate it, I just have a love and hate relationship with it. I love the shades liquid lipsticks have but I hate how it feels on my lips and I am having a hard time applying it because it dries so fast. Every time a brand introduces liquid lipsticks, I need to control myself from buying because I know I won't like it and I won't be able to use it everyday. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to control myself when I saw these LA Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss because they are so affordable and also I wanted to see for myself what the hype is all about. :D


Price: P165
Bought at: NCCC Department Store
Also available in: Watsons and other leading department stores

Description: Blurring the lines between lipstick and lip gloss, Matte Pigment Gloss has become a favorite of makeup artists, bloggers and fans. Available in 16 bold shades that provide rich and intense color in a flat finish for all day wear. The long wearing formula goes on as a highly pigmented liquid and dries to a flat matte finish, for a gorgeous velvety perfection that last and lasts.

Packaging: For the packaging, the product is contained in a usual packaging for lip glosses. It's a bit fat unlike the usual which is slim. The body is transparent so you can clearly see the color of the liquid lipstick and has a black cap. 


The applicator is not the usual doe-foot applicator. It's just flat which is a good thing though because it's much easier to apply on the inner corners of the lips.


Consistency: It's consistency is creamy which makes it so smooth to apply and easy to spread on the lips but it dries quickly so you have to apply little by little because if you're going to put a lot then it will become thick and will look patchy and cracky (is there such word?? HAHAHA) when dried. Also, this will emphasize the dryness of your lips so make sure to exfoliate before using. As expected, since it is a matte flat finish, it is transfer-proof and smudge-proof. But when your lips touches anything, food or liquid, it will become sticky and quite uncomfortable especially on the inner part of the lips because that's the part where it gets wet most of the time.

Scent: It definitely smells like paint but it doesn't tastes anything.

Swatches: For the swatches, I am going to describe each of them as simple as possible based on what I see in person. 

Upper: Dreamy
Lower: Fleur

Dreamy is a baby pink shade that will make you look younger. This shade is best for teens and for fair toned skin.

Fleur is a coral shade. It has an orange undertone which I think would best suit morena skin tones.  

Upper: Secret
Lower: Backstage

Secret is a wearable red shade with a warm undertone.

Backstage is a very very deep violet shade almost maroon in person. 

Left to right: Fleur, Dreamy, Backstage, Secret

Pros:
  • Affordable
  • Locally available
  • A lot of different shades to choose from
  • Good pigmentation
  • Long-lasting
  • Transfer-proof and smudge-proof
  • Velvety-smooth finish
  • Buildable

Cons:
  • Very difficult to remove
  • Smells like paint
  • It feels sticky and uncomfortable after eating or drinking
  • Emphasizes dry lips and fine lines
  • Some shades are patchy

Overall: As what I have said, I have a love and hate relationship with liquid lipsticks. I love that this product is pigmented at one swipe for the lighter shades but when it comes to darker shades, you need to build it up to achieve the color that you see in the packaging. When building it up, make sure that the first layer is already dry because if not it will look patchy. It will also feel sticky after you eat or drink. So after eating you really need to re-apply and it's already a hassle. I also don't like the feeling of it after a few hours because it feels like you had paint all over your lips and it's uncomfortable for me so I had to remove it and removing it is so hard by using makeup remover wipes. You need to have an oil-based makeup remover for it. Overall, it's a good product, it's just that I prefer bullet lipsticks more than this type of lipstick. I am not a liquid lipstick kind of a person. Hehe! But I'm still going to use it though. :) 


Thank you very much for viewing and I hope this review helped. Stay tuned for my future blog posts and follow me on IG (@judychiot) for more updates and short reviews. God bless. :)




Please share your experiences of this product on the comment section below. :)





Lots of ♥,
Judy

4 comments:

  1. Love this brand pero medyo sticky nga sometimes tapos nagda-dry ganun. Di ko napansin yung smell.

    Over all love this brand pa rin. Mura, cute colors, easy to apply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried this brand yet but I like the shades Dreamy and Secret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try niyo po. Marami pa silang nice shades. Mas mura sa NCCC mall kesa sa ibang department stores. I don't know why pero hindi naman siguro un fake. :)

      Delete